Again a yummy and spicy dish for non veg lovers.You can take it with rice, roti, appam or even with puttu
To marinate :
- Chemmeen/shrimp : 1/2 kg (before cleaning)
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Chilly powder : 2 tspn
- Coconut bits : 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves : 2 spring
- Onion sliced : 2 big
- Tomato chopped : 1 big
- Ginger : 1" piece
- Garlic : 10 cloves
- Coriander powder : 1 tspn
- Garam masala powder : 1 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn(up to your level )
- Marinate the chemmeen/shrimp with all the ingredients listed under to marinate.Keep it aside for 30 minutes
- Now cook it in low flamewith 1/2 cup of water.
- Make a paste of both ginger and garlic.
- Now heat a pan with oil.
- Add sliced onion and saute it well.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Sate it well till it leaves the raw smell
- Now add tomato and mix it well till it get mashed with onion.
- Add coriander powder,garam masala powder and chilly powder.
- Add cooked shrimp/chemmeen to it and mix well.
- Check for the salt .
- Add 1/4 cup of water (if necessary) ,mix it well and cook it by closing the pan with its lid for 3 minutes.
- Now open the pan and mix it again.Yummy prawn roast is ready to serve!