Again with a chikcen curry recipe!This time came with a spicy hot chicken curry . You cant finish this curry without saying " sssssss..ssssss....." several times :)
Toddy shops are serving chicken curry as a side dish for toddy.So it should be hot.I got this recipe several years back from a toddy shop but never tried this before.My hubby cant tolerate that much spicy curry. When my best friend and family visited us here, I took this recipe and made a try.I served it with boiled tapioca and rice!Coconut bits with chicken pieces will give a feast to your taste buds!!!!!!!
If you love spicy chicken curry if you are searching for such a recipe your search ends here.....A super tasty side dish for non veg lovers!
- Chicken : 1 kg
- Curd : 3 tblspn
- Shallots / cheriya ulli sliced : 1 cup
- Tomato : 2
- Garlic :; 10- 15 cloves
- Ginger : 2" piece
- Chilly powder : 2 tblspn (up to your level)
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
- Coriander powder : 1 tblspn
- Garam masala powder : 1 tblspn
To temper :
- Mustard : 1 tspn
- Fennel / perum jeerakam: 1/2 tspn
- Dry red chilly : 3
- Curry leaves : 2 springs
- Coconut bits : 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon / patta : 1
- Clove / grampoo : 4
- Cardamom / elakka : 2
- Pepper / kurumulaku : 1 tspn
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces.Marinate with curd and salt.Keep aside.
- Heat a clay pot / iron skillet / uruli ( ) with oil.Add mustard ,fennel , dry red chilly,curry leaves,cinnamon cardamom clove pepper and coconut bits.
- Saute it well and add sliced shallots
- add chopped tomatoes and saute it well till it become soft.Grind ginger and garlic together and add it.Saute it well till it leaves the raw smell
- Add in coriander powder,chilly powder turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix it well till the oil starts to seperate
- Add marinated chicken pieces.Now add salt.Mix it well. Keep the clay pot closed for few minutes in low flame.
- Add enough water and cook it in low flame.
- Yummy chicken curry is ready to serve