I have already posted mint chutney recipe on my blog.Did you remember?I love that version and often used to prepare it .My kid is a big fan of ghee roast .Whenever going out side his dad used to search veg hotels for him.Once I tasted mint chutney from his plate and started loving that version from that moment itself .I was clueless and I didn't get recipe from anywhere.I have tried some recipe from google but never satisfied with the taste.
Few months back when I visited my collegue here in Chennai she served me uthappam with mint chutney and sambar.It was a surprise for me..the same taste again came to my taste buds.Her mom in law gave me the recipe . she is a master in hotel style preparations because once they had a hotel but it closed now.Anyway Im so happy and I tried it here and now whenever getting mint leaves Im preparing the same.
(Serving Size : 4-6)
- Mint leaves : 1cup
- Coconut grated : 1/2 cup
- Green chillies : 2-3
- Ginger chopped : 3/4 tspn
- Pottukadalai : 1 tblspn
- Tamarind : A small pinch
- Turmeric powder : A small pinch
To temper :
- Mustard : 1/2 tspn
- Urad dal : 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves : few
- Wash and clean the mint leaves.
- Now heat a pan with little oil and saute the leaves for few seconds.When the leaves reduce its volume transfer it in to a blender.
- Grind it with grated coconut,green chilly ,pottukadalai,tamarind,ginger , turmeric powder and salt.
- Grind well until everything blends well.Check for salt.
- Now transfer it in to bowl and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and add in mustard seeds.
- Let it splutter and now add in urad dal.Pour this seasoning to the ground mint cocnut paste.
- Mix it well .
- Delicious mint coconut chutney is ready to serve.