Friday, 27 January 2017

Pudina thengai chutney / Tamilnadu hotel style pudina thengai chutney / Mint chutney with coconut



I have already posted mint chutney recipe on my blog.Did you remember?I love that version and often used to prepare it .My kid is a big fan of ghee roast .Whenever going out side his dad used to search veg hotels for him.Once I tasted mint chutney from his plate and started loving that version from that moment itself .I was clueless and I didn't get recipe from anywhere.I have tried some recipe from google but never satisfied with the taste.

Few months back when I visited my collegue here in Chennai she served me uthappam with mint chutney and sambar.It was a surprise for me..the same taste again came to my taste buds.Her mom in law gave me the recipe . she is a master in hotel style preparations because once they had a hotel but it closed now.Anyway Im so happy and I tried it here and now whenever getting mint leaves Im preparing the same.


Ingredients :

(Serving Size : 4-6)
  • Mint leaves : 1cup
  • Coconut grated : 1/2 cup
  • Green chillies : 2-3
  • Ginger chopped : 3/4 tspn
  • Pottukadalai : 1 tblspn
  • Tamarind : A small pinch
  • Turmeric powder : A small pinch

To temper :

  • Mustard : 1/2 tspn
  • Urad dal : 1/2 tspn
  • Curry leaves : few
  • Oil

Method :


  • Wash and clean the mint leaves.
  • Now heat a pan with little oil and saute the leaves for few seconds.When the leaves reduce its volume transfer it in to a blender.
  • Grind it with grated coconut,green chilly ,pottukadalai,tamarind,ginger , turmeric powder and salt.
  • Grind well until everything blends well.Check for salt.
  • Now transfer it in to bowl and keep aside.
  • Heat a pan with oil and add in mustard seeds.
  • Let it splutter and now add in urad dal.Pour this seasoning to the ground mint cocnut paste.
  • Mix it well .
  • Delicious mint coconut chutney is ready to serve.


4 comments:

  1. this chutney looks flavorful and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so amazing *-*
    Great blog! I'm following you, follow back?
    http://omundodajesse.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...