Friday 27 January 2017

Pudina thengai chutney / Tamilnadu hotel style pudina thengai chutney / Mint chutney with coconut



I have already posted mint chutney recipe on my blog.Did you remember?I love that version and often used to prepare it .My kid is a big fan of ghee roast .Whenever going out side his dad used to search veg hotels for him.Once I tasted mint chutney from his plate and started loving that version from that moment itself .I was clueless and I didn't get recipe from anywhere.I have tried some recipe from google but never satisfied with the taste.

Few months back when I visited my collegue here in Chennai she served me uthappam with mint chutney and sambar.It was a surprise for me..the same taste again came to my taste buds.Her mom in law gave me the recipe . she is a master in hotel style preparations because once they had a hotel but it closed now.Anyway Im so happy and I tried it here and now whenever getting mint leaves Im preparing the same.


Ingredients :

(Serving Size : 4-6)
  • Mint leaves : 1cup
  • Coconut grated : 1/2 cup
  • Green chillies : 2-3
  • Ginger chopped : 3/4 tspn
  • Pottukadalai : 1 tblspn
  • Tamarind : A small pinch
  • Turmeric powder : A small pinch

To temper :

  • Mustard : 1/2 tspn
  • Urad dal : 1/2 tspn
  • Curry leaves : few
  • Oil

Method :


  • Wash and clean the mint leaves.
  • Now heat a pan with little oil and saute the leaves for few seconds.When the leaves reduce its volume transfer it in to a blender.
  • Grind it with grated coconut,green chilly ,pottukadalai,tamarind,ginger , turmeric powder and salt.
  • Grind well until everything blends well.Check for salt.
  • Now transfer it in to bowl and keep aside.
  • Heat a pan with oil and add in mustard seeds.
  • Let it splutter and now add in urad dal.Pour this seasoning to the ground mint cocnut paste.
  • Mix it well .
  • Delicious mint coconut chutney is ready to serve.


10 comments:

  1. this chutney looks flavorful and yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so amazing *-*
    Great blog! I'm following you, follow back?
    http://omundodajesse.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks tempting with restaurant touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice. I'm sure its tasty as it looks. Hotel in Uthamapalayam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?

    you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site is magnificent, as well as the
    content!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Remyasean,

    Nice post. I would like to guest post on this blog. Topbest.in Where can I contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting the useful information to my vision. This is excellent information,.Sendhamarai Engineering Aluminium Scaffolding Rental

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of this recipe. Cant wait to prepare this for my next Dosa session :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...