Lemon is rich in vitamin C.It is an easy and quick rice recipe and offcourse your kids love it.Intake of lemon juice will prevent cold.If I'm feeling lazy in the morning I will pack this in lunch box.It is a good rice item that you can carry while you are travelling long distance.We can take lemon rice without any side dish.If you need take it with potato fry or pickle
- Cooked rice : 1 cup
- Lemon : 1
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
For seasoning :
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Urad dal : 1/2 tspn
- Chana dal : 1/2 tspn
- Peanuts / kappalandi : 2 tblspn
- Green chilly (chopped ) : 1 tspn
- Dry red chilly
- Asafoetida : A pinch
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Cut the lemon and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mix it with salt and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil
- Add mustard and let it splutter
- Now add urad dal ,chana dal ,peanuts dry red chilly chopped green chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry it for few seconds
- Now add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Mix it well and pour it to the cooked rice .
- Add lemon juice and mix gently.
- Adjuat the salt and serve it with pappad or pickle