Carrots are root vegetables rich in anti oxidents. Vitamin A vitamin C potassium iron copper are the other things present in it.I love to drink carrot juice very much .It is rich in beeta carotene which is converetd in to vit A in the liver.Carrot is known for its anti aging property too. I believe that it will help to get a glowing skin too.
I have my food processor that is making my job very easy .You may prepare the same recipe without coconut also.
- Carrot grated : 2 cups
- Onion finely chopped : 1 small
- Green chilly chopped : 4
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Grated coconut : 1/4 cup
To temper :
- Mustard ; 1/2 tspn
- Urad dal : 1/2 tspn
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Curry leaves : 2 springs
- Heat a pan with oil temper all the ingredients listed under to "temper"
- Add in chopped green chilly onion and carrot
- Add in turmeric powder and salt.Mix it well
- Close the pan and keep the stove in simmer mode.
- Wait for five minutes and add grated coconut.Mix it well.
- Keep the pan open and stir it well.
- Easy peasy carrot stir fry/ thoran is ready to serve..