Hot rice and unakkachemmeen chammanthi!!!!!oh..Who will say no to this combo???????
We can make it in different ways ,Some people prefer to make it by roasting all the ingredients.My mom won't add tamarind in this chutney but Mom in law won't make it without tamarind.Anyway I too use tamarind and feel that, that is better than Amma's style.
- Dry prawn : 1/2 cup
- Grated coconut : 1 cup
- Shallots / kunjulli : 5
- Tamarind : 1/2 tspn or a very small piece (optional)
- Chilly powder : 2 tspn (up to your level)
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Dry roast the prawns in pan for 5 minute .
- Add the fried prawns in to a blender and grind it for a few seconds.
- Now add grated coconut,shallots,tamarind,chilly powder,curry leaves,and salt to it.
- Grind it well without adding water.
- Adjust salt chilly powder according to your taste.
- Remove it from the jar and serve it with rice or kanji(rice porridge)