It is a simple but tasty dish.It will go well with Appam idiappam and chapathi .You can select any vegetables of your choice.
Here is the recipe..My version...
- Potato (cubed ): 1 big
- Beans (chopped ):5
- Carrot (cubed ) :1 big
- Green peas (cooked ) : 1/2 cup
- Onion (chopped) : 1
- Ginger (chopped ) : 1/2" piece
- Garlic :4 cloves
- Green chilly : 2
- Coriander powder : 2 tspn
- Garam masala : 1 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Coconut milk : 1 cup
- Mustard seeds : 1/4 tspn
- Fennel / perumjeerakam :1/4 tspn
- Clove : 2
- Cardamom : 1
- Cinnamon : 1 stick
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Coconut oil
- Cook all the things listed under "ingredients" except coconut milk.
- Cook it well till the veggies turn soft.
- Add coconut milk and mix it well.Switch off the stove .
- Now heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Now add fennel, clove,Cardamom,cinnamon,dry red chilly and curry leaves
- Pour it to the cooked gravy and mix well.
- Veg kurma is ready!!!!!!!
- Instead of coconut milk you can use ground paste of coconut.