Again I'm with a chettinadu recipe.It will go well with roti and rice.Chettinadu cusine is blessed with spicy dishes.
- Potato : 3 medium msized
- Onion (chopped) : 1 big
- Tomato (chopped ) : 1
- Garlic : 4 cloves
- Ginger : 1/2 " piece
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Coriander leaves : fistful
To roast and grind :
- Cloves : 3
- Cinnamon : 1 stick
- Dry red chilly : 3
- Coriander seeds : 1 tbl spn
- Black pepper : 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seeds : 1/4 tspn
- Fennel : 1/2 tspn
- Grated coconut : 4 tblspn
- Mustard : 1/2 tspn
- Fennel : 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Wash and boil the potatoes.
- Peel it and cut in to small cubes
- Make ginger garlic paste and keep aside.
- Dry roast all the ingredients listed under "to dry roast and grind it in to a smooth paste".Keep aside
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add chopped onion and sauté it well
- Add chopped tomato and sauté it again till it get mixed with onion.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté it well till it leaves the raw smell.
- Add chilly powder and salt.
- Add ground paste and mix all the ingredients well.
- Add cubed potatoes and keep the stove in simmer mode.
- Add one cup of water and cover the pan with lid
- Wait for 5 to 8 minutes.Remove the gravy from stove
- Now heat another pan with oil
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Now add fennel and curry leaves.
- Pour it in to potato gravy
- Mix it well and add coriander leaves..
- Yummy potato masala is ready to serve