Eggless Dates Chocolate Cake
Again a cake recipe.I had no confidence to do any experiments in baking. But my friend, food blogger Tinku Shaji(Daily chores recorded) encouraged me a lot..she is the person behind this blog as well as my confidence.This is my first experiment with dates but came superb. Dates are rich in minerals vitamins and dietary fiber. It is an excellent source of iron too. Hope you all will try it.
Unsweetened cocoa powder:3/4 cup
Powdered sugar:1/4 cup
Butter:1 cup(I used Amul salted butter)
Milk:1/2 cup+1 cup
Baking soda:1/4 tspn
Vanilla essence:1/4 tspn
Nuts(chopped ):1 table spoon
- Heat a pan and cook ¾ cups of dates in 1 cup of milk.Cook it well and grind it in to smooth paste. Or you can avoid this steps by using coarsely chopped dates.
- Sieve Maida, baking soda and cocoa powder together.
- Mix milk, powdered sugar, vanilla essence and butter by using a hand mixer.(I used my food processor).Mix it well.
- Add dates and again mix it well.
- Add Sieved maida cocoa and baking soda mixture and chopped nuts. mix it well.
- Grease a cake tin with butter and pour the cake mixture.
- Keep it in a preheated pressure cooker (remove whistle and gasket).
- Cook it in low flame within 40,45 minutes yummy cake is ready.
- Check it with a tooth pick if it comes out clean cake is ready
- If you are using oven bake it in 350F for 30 to 40 minutes.