Again with a biriyani recipe!I can't say no to any rice dishes especially biriyani and fried rice..It is an easy peasy biriyani recipe.For Kerala egg biriyani we have to cook both masala and rice seperately.And finally we will mix it while doing dum.Here both rice and egg masala are cooking together and it will give a special flavour and tastes to the biriyani.
Serving size :3
- Basmati rice : 1.5 cup
- Egg : 3 to 4
- Onion sliced : 2 big
- Tomato chopped : 1
- Green chilly : 1
- Ginger : 1"
- Garlic : 10 cloves
- Mint leaves : Fist full / 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves : fist full / 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice : 1 tspn
- Coconut milk : 1/2 cup
- Water : 2 cup
Spice powders :
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Garam masala powder : 1 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1tspn
To temper :
- Cinnamon : 1 stick
- Star anise / thakkolam : 1
- Cardamom : 3
- Clove : 4
- Oil / ghee
- Boil the egg , de shell and make slits on it.Set aside.Grind and make ginger garlic paste.Keep aside
- Soak basmati rice in water for 15 - 30 minutes
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil / ghee.(I used both).Add all the ingredients listed under "to temper "
- Now add sliced onion and saute it well.Then add chopped tomato and green chilly(I didnt use it was not in my hand). Saute it again.
- Add salt too.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it till it leaves the raw smell.Add the ingredients listed under "spice powders ".Mix it well.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and mix it well.Now add eggs and fry it well till it coated with the masala.
- Add drained rice.
- Add water and coconut milk.Mix it well
- Now add lemon juice. Check for salt
- Close the pressure cooker with its lid and wait for one whistle.(I used my prestige pressure pan)
- Let it cool.Now open the pressure cooker and enjoy delicious egg biriyani with salad or pickle