Sardine is a very common and cheapest fish available in Kerala.It is rich in calcium protein and fatty acids.It is an easy and simple recipe and really tasty one too.My hubby loves this version of sardine and mathi pollichathu (sardines in banana leaf wrap).Bachelors..try this easy method...
- Mathi / sardines : 1/2 kg
- Shallots / kochulli sliced : 1/2 cup
- Fish tamarind / kodam puli : 3
- Ginger (crushed ) : 1/2 " piece
- Garlic (crushed ) : 5-8
- Tomato chopped : 1
- Pepper powder : 1tblspn
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn (optional)
- Coriander powder : 1tspn
- Curry leaves : 2 spring
To temper :
- Shallots / kochulli chopped : 1 tspn
- Fenugreeks / uluva : 1/2 tspn
- Coconut oil
- Wash and clean the fish .
- Keep it in a clay pot or pan.Marinate the fish with all other ingredients(except "to temper")
- Add one cup of water and cook it in medium falme.
- Once it reaches the right consistency switch off the stove .
- Now heat a pan with oil and add fenugreeks.
- Now add chopped onion and fry it for few seconds.
- Pour it in to the curry.
- Mix it gently
- You can use tamarind extract instead of fish tamarind (gambooge)
sending this to delectable flavours