Aloo paratha is a Punjabi meal, here paratha stuffed with potato masala.It is an easy to prepare dish and you can have it without any side dish!Or you can serve it with curd or Pickle .I used to add onion and garlic for preparing the potato filling.You may replace it with ajwain / ayamodakam(carraway).It is a healthy and tasty meal.
- Wheat flour : 2 cups
- Water : As required
- Ghee / oil : To drizzle over the parathas
For stuffing :
- Potato : 2 big
- Onion (chopped ) : 1 big
- Garlic chopped : 1 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Cumin seeds / jeera : 1/2 tspn
- Coriander leaves (chopped ) : 1/4 cup
- Amchur powder : 1/2 tspn (optional)
- Knead the wheat flour salt and water in to a smooth dough.
- Divide it in to 8-10 balls and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the potatoes ,peel it and mash.Keep aside
- Now heat a pan with oil.Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Now add chopped onion and garlic.Saute it well
- Add chilly powder and salt.Mix it well
- Add in mashed potato and mix it well in low flame.
- Add amchur powder and coriander leaves too.Mix it well and let it cool
- Take each wheat balls and roll it in to small poori. Place a lemon sized aloo (potato) stuffing in the center of the poori and seal it.
- Now roll it in to paratha by using plenty of extra flour
- Heat a thawa and place the rolled out paratha.
- Drizzle enough ghee and cook both side.While cooking gently press the paratha with spatula.
- You can avoid onion and garlic
- Amchoor powder is optional only.You can add ajwain too
- Sauteing of potato filling is optional only If you are health conscious just mix all the ingredients with your hands and prepare paratha.
- Punjabis used to add plenty of ghee while making parathas You may replace it with oil.Or avoid both