yea.. this time I'm with bakery style veg cutlet recipe.Veg cutlet ,tomato sauce , and a hot coffe...reminding me my college days....Here is the recipe for Kerala bakery style vegetable cutlets..
- Chopped veggies : 2 cups
- Onion : 2 medium
- Potato : 3 big
- Green chilly chopped : 2
- Ginger chopped : 1 tspn
- Garlic : 6 cloves
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Coriander powder : 1 tspn
- Garam masala 1/2 tspn
- Fennel / perum jeerakam : 1/2 tspn
- Coriandr leaves chopped : 1 tblspn
- Bread crumbs : 3/4 cup (As required)
- Egg white / maida : From 1 egg / 2 .5 tblspn
- Chop all the vegetables and cook it with salt.Cook till all the water gets evaporated.keep aside.Heat a pan with oil and add fennel seeds.Let it splutter.Now Add chopped onion and green chillies.Saute it well till the onion turns golden brown.Now add ginger garlic paste and saute it well till it leaves the raw smell.
- Boil the potatoes remove the skin and mash it well.Set aside
- Add coriandr powder,garam masala powder and turmeric powder.Mix it well.Add cooked veggies.Now add mashed potato and mix it well.Let it cool.
- Now mix the maida with little water to make a smooth paste.Or take egg white and set aside
- Take small amount of vegetable mixture and make balls.Slightly flatten each balls with your finger and dip it in to the maida paste/egg white.Now roll in bread crumbs to form an even coating.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry each cutlets.drain it and serve with tomato sauce
- I used 1 medium carrot,medium beetroot and few bean.You can add any veggies of your choice.
- I got 17 cutlets.
- It is better to deep fry the cutlets .I shallow fried it but more oil came in cutlets.
- I used egg white only.You may mix egg white and maida or maida alone.
- You can add chilly powder,pepper powder or more green chillies according to your spice level
sending this to Tanya's event