I haven't posted mutton dishes yet.It is a super tasty dish for all non veg lovers!Here I'm sharing a spicy Kerala style mutton curry recipe.It will go well with Appam rice Puttu and parotta.
- Mutton : 1/2 kg
To roast and grind :
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds : 1.5 tblspn
- Dry red chilly : 4
- Pepper : 1/2 tspn
- Fennel : 1/2 tspn
- Clove : 4
- Cardamom : 2
- Cinnamon : 1 piece
- Shallots /kunjulli : 5
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
For masala :
- Onion (sliced ) : 2 big
- Ginger : 1" piece
- Garlic : 10 cloves
- Tomato (sliced) : 1 big
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn (up to your level)
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Coconut oil
To temper :
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Fennel seeds : 1/4 tspn
- Shallots / kunjulli ( chopped ) : 1 tblspn
- Cury leaves : 2 spring
- Coriander leaves
- Wash and clean the mutton pieces and cook it in a pressure cooker with enough (2 cups of water)water and salt(it took almost 20 minute in low flame after first whistle)
- Meanwhile heat a pan with oil and roast all the ingredients listed under "to roast and grind"
- Let it cool and grind it in to a smooth paste with little water.Keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan with oil.
- Add sliced onion and saute it well.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till it leave the raw smell.
- Now add sliced tomato amd saute it well
- Add chilly powder and turmeric powder and mix it again.
- Now add cooked mutton and mix it again
- Add ground paste to it and adjust the consistency of the gravy buy adding enough water.
- Now heat another pan with oil and add mustard seeds .Let it splutter.
- Now add fennel ,chopped shallota and curry leaves.
- Pour it to the gravy
- Delicious mutton curry is ready to serve.
- If you dont have coriander seeds use coriander powder.(almost 2 tblspn)
- You can prepare this dish in kadai also.I prefer cooker for making the whole process easy