Again a Kerala traditional recipe.It is my childhood favourit dish.
A breakfast or snack..During festival it may be the breakfast in many homes.Really ottada tastes heavenly...
- Rice flour ( roasted ) : 1 cup
- Water : 1 cup(or as required)
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Sugar : 1/4 cup
- Plantain leaf : As required
- Boil water with salt.
- Add the boiling water little by little to the roasted rice flour and make a smooth dough by mixing it with a wooden spatula.
- The dough should be soft but should not be loose.
- Wait for 10 minutes and let it cool .
- Meanwhile mix both grated coconut and sugar and keep aside.
- Take a small plantain leaf and spread some oil.
- Take a lemon size dough and keep it in the center of the plantain leaf and spread it gently with your fingers.
- Now spread the fillings on it and fold the leaf carefully in to half.
- Heat a thawa or clay pot and place the folded ottada on it.
- Keep the stove in low flame. Cook both the sides till the leaf turn light brown
- Once the banana leaf starts detach from the ottada switch of the stove and take the ottada to serve.