I'm a big fan of pickles and I always prefer to easy and simple methods for preparing them. Today i am sharing such a simple pickle recipe with you all. You won't be able to preserve it for longer periods like the normal pickles. Just a maximum of 4-5 days. Thats the shelf life of this pickle. That too only if you refrigerate it. ( I empty the pickle bottle within hours after preparing the pickle..so no tensions for me!!! :) )
A quick and easy method to prepare mango pickle..!!!!!!! Goes well with curd rice
- Mango : 2 medium
- Green chilly : 3
- Garlic : 4 to 6 cloves (optional )
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Oil (I used sesame oil)
- Mustard / kaduku : 1/2 tspn
- Fenugreek seeds / uluva : 1/4 tspn
- Asafoetida : A generous pinch
- Wash and cut the mangoes into small cubes.
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard.
- When the mustard splutters add fenugreek seeds.
- Add green chillies and garlic cloves.
- Add mango pieces and mix well.
- Now add chilly powder, salt and asafoetida. Mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water and cook it on a low flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Transfer the contents to a dry jar and refrigerate.
- Use within 4-5 days after preparation.
- Always use a dry spoon to take the pickle from the jar.