Bonda doesn't need any introduction..potato bonda with hot tea!!!!!!!It is a staple food of village tea shops in kerala.Easy to make and tasty to eat!!!!!!!!
For long time I kept this recipe in my draft and totally forgot about it!Today I prepared bonda for evening tea then remembered about it.
- Onion(finely chopped):1
- Ginger chopped:1 tspn
- Green chilly chopped:1 tspn
- Besan/gram flour/kadalamavu:1 cup
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Chilly powder:1/4 tspn
- Water:As required
- Mustard seeds:1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves:few
- Cumin seeds/jeerakam:1/4 tspn(optional)
- Boil potatoes peel the skin and mash it well.Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add cumin seeds if you are using.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion green chilly and ginger.
- Saute it well for few minutes.
- Now add mashed potatoes and salt.
- Mix everything and remove it from fire.
- Now mix all the ingredients listed under "for batter".The batter should not be too thick or too loose.
- Heat the pan with oil.Keep it in medium flame.
- Make small balls with potato mixture and dip it in the batter.
- Carefully drop it in to hot oil.
- Cook both side ,drain the excess oil and serve hot