From the name of the recipe ,don't mistake(misinterpret)this dish for Palada payasam!This is a totally different dish.Yesss...this is a very-easy- to- prepare,extremely tasty pancake!!!!
During my college days ,we used to get "Love letter"from our hostel mess.Now you all might be thinking -Love letter??????? that too from hostel mess!howz that possible??It is definitely not the love letter which you all are thinking of...a special pallada preparation with grated coconut filling.Here i'm sharing another version of palaada suggested by my cousin Hareesh.When he explained the preparation steps ,I started drooling.He told me that this palaada will melt in your mouth and yea its trueeee!!!!!!!!If I serve you one palaada I bet you definitely cant stop yourself from asking for more....
- Maida:1 cup
- Milk(either coconut milk or cows milk):3/4 cup
- Water :as required
- Salt:A pinch
- Cardamom powder:1/4 tspn
- Sugar:As required(or 1 tblspn)
- Butter:As required:(or 2 tblspn)
- Beat the egg with milk.
- Add maida,salt,and cardamom powder to it. to it.And mix it well without any lumps.
- Add enough water to make a loose batter.Consisitency should be thinner than normal dosa batter.
- Heat a non stick thawa(If you are using normal thawa before making each palaada pour some butter on the thawa and let it cool).
- Pour the batter carefully in the center and spread it with the back of the laddle, just like normal dosa.It should be very thin.
- Keep it in low flame.
- When it starts leaving the thawa,Spread the butter all over the palaada and then sprinkle enough sugar.
- Fold it twice and serve it hot.
- Before maaking each palaada let the thawa cool.
- Yummy palaada is ready.Use it as a breakfast or as an evening snack!