Pal kesari/Milk kesari
Actually when I was in kerala I never tasted kesari.Frankly saying Chennai taught me a lot of new tastes and dishes..I cant believe that I have made 99 blog posts! Yea this is my 100th post I'm writing.
Pal kesari is a delicious dessert .Easy to prepare with very less ingredients..
- Rava/suji:1/2 cup
- Milk:2 cup
- Sugar:3/4 cup
- Saffron strands:3(optional)
- Ghee:3 tblspn
- Cashew nuts:Few(optonal)
- Cardamom powder:A pinch(optional)
- Heat a pan with 1 tblspn ghee.
- Fry the cashew nuts and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add rava and fry till it turn golden colour.Keep aside.
- Boil milk in a pan and take 1 tablespoon of milk and mix it with saffron strands and keep aside.(if you are using)
- Add rava little by little to the boiling milk (or add milk to rava)without forming any lumps.
- Stir continuousl and let it cook.
- Add saffron mixed milk to it.
- Now add sugar and stir it continuously.
- Add remaining ghee little by little and stir it well.
- Add fried cashews and cardamom powder to it.
- Spread it in a ghee greased plate.
- If saffron is not available you can use food colour.I didin't use anything.
- Pal kesari is supposed to be in milk flavour.So you can avoid cardamom also.