An easy chutney recipe.If you are feeling bore with the coconut and tomato chutney try this hot chutney.
- Shallots : 15
- Dry red chilly : 5
- Tamarind extract / puli vellam : 1 tspn
- Mustard seeds : 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves : few
- Heat the pan with little oil and saute both onion and dry red chilly for few minutes.
- Grind it with tamarind extract and salt.
- Heat another pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add curry leaves and ground mixture.
- Remove from the fire.
- It is a good combinaton for idly dosa or even with rice.
- I prefer dry chutney if you need gravy add 2 tspn of water
- if you want you can grind it in to smooth paste also.
Other chutney recipes: