A quick and tasty dessert!!!!!!!!! Besan burfi is easy to prepare and needs very less ingredients. The basic ingredients are besan and ghee, then flavoured with cardamom powder.
- Besan / kadala mavu : 1 cup
- Ghee : 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar : 1/4 cup (as required)
- Cardamom powder: 1/4 tspn
- Almonds and pista (chopped) : 2 tblspn
- Heat the pan with ghee.
- When it melts, add besan flour.
- Fry it well until the raw smell leaves.
- Keep the stove on a low flame.
- Now add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix it well and stir it continuously till it reaches a thick consistency
- Transfer the mixture in to a ghee greased plate and spread it well.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds and pista and let it cool.
- Now cut it in to desired shapes.
- You can use almond extract or almond paste in this burfi.
- I didnt have dry fruits with me while preparing this. You may add them to enhance the taste.