Nadan kozhi curry/Chicken curry kerala style
I don't know why I postponed this recipe to post?I can say this is my signature dish.A good combination for rice,Appam and chapathi.This is a typical Kerala style recipe.But here I avoided coconut milk which will give more richness to this dish.If you are adding kasmiri chilly powder, curry will be moe colourful.It was not available in my kichen so I avoided it.Kerala style chicken curry is a spicy and tasty dish.Dont add water to this curry until the pieces are lightly fried with masala.and that is the main secrete behind its taste...
- Onion(thinly sliced):3 big
- Tomato(sliced):1 big
- Garlic:10 cloves
- Chilly powder:1 tblspn
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Coriander power:2 tblspn
- Garam masala powder:1 tblspn(I used Eastern garam masala)
- Curry leaves:5 springs
- Coconut oil
- Cinnamon:1 stick
- Star anise:2
- Fennel seeds:1/2 tspn
- Whole black pepper:1/2 tspn
- Wash and clean the chicken
- Grind ginger and garlic together to make a fine paste.
- Marinate chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste,salt and turmeric powder.Keep aside for 15 minutes
- Heat the Clay pot with coconut oil.
- Add the ingredients listed under "to temper".Fry it well.
- Add thinly sliced onion and saute it well until it turn brown colour.
- Add sliced toamato and curry leaves.Suate it well till it get mashed with onion.
- Add coriander powder,chilly powder and garam masala powder.Stir it well until oil comes out.
- Add marinated chicken pieces and stir it well until the pieces gets coated with masala.
- Cover the clay pot with a lid.Cook it in low flame for 10 minutes till the moistures get absorbed.Don't add add water.
- Add 1 cup of water to the lightly fried chicken pieces with gravy.Stir it well and allow to cook for another 15 minutes in low flame.
- Add some fresh curry leaves.
Ps:Don't add water while roasting the chicken pieces.once it get fried add water.Keep your stove in low flame for preparing this dish.