Thayir sadam/curd rice
It is one of the most popular South Indian dishes.And my kid's favourite rice dish too.It is very easy to prepare.My kid doesn't like mashed form so i avoided mashing of rice.
- Cooked rice:2 cup
- Curd:1/2 cup
- Ginger (chopped):1/4tspn
- green chilly (chopped)1/2tspn
- Mustard seeds:1/4tspn
- Dry red chilly:2
- Coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- Mix the milk with cooked rice.Rice should be cool.
- Now add curd and mix it well.Mash it nicely .Add salt too.You can adjust consistency by adding or reducing the quantity of milk and curd.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds.When it splutters add dry red chilly, ginger,green chilly,curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Mix it with curd rice.
- Add pomegranate to the rice it will enhances the taste.
I used to add but this time I missed it!(updated)
- Serve it with papad or Pickle
- You may add chopped veggies like carrot.