Padavalanga parippu erissery/Snake gourd lentil curry
Kerala cuisine includes many coconut flavoured dishes.I used to prepare different types of vegetable curries by adding coconut paste.Erissery is one of the tasty dishes that can prepare by using pumpkin,yam,ridge gourd,and raw banana.
Chilly powder:1/4 tspn
Grated coconut:1/2 cup +1 tspn
Cumin seed/jeerakam:1/4 tspn
Garlic chopped:1/4 tspn
Mustard seeds/kaduku:1/4 tspn
Dry red chilly :2
- Cut snake gourd in to small pieces and cook it with lentil ,green chilly,turmeric,chilly powder,and salt
- Grind coconut,cumin seeds,and chopped garlic together.
- Mix the ground coconut paste with cooked snake gourd.
- Heat the pan with ghee and roast 1 tspn grated coconut(till golden brown) and keep aside.
- Heat another pan with oil .
- Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the roasted coconut and mix it with cooked snake gourd mixture.