It is a great side dish for idly or dosa. We can prepare coconut chutney in different ways. I normally prefer to preparing chutney using green chillies. At times, i even prepare chutney without any seasoning.
Grated coconut: 1 cup
Dry chilly: 5
Ginger: A small piece
Mustard: 1/4 tspn
Urad dal: 1/4 tspn
Chopped shallots: 1/2 tspn
Dry chilly: 1
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
- Grind grated coconut, ginger, shallots and dry chilly.
- Add water and adjust consistency
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard and when it splutters, add urad dal and dry chilly.
- Add chopped shallots and curry leaves.
- Mix the coconut paste and stir well.
- Tasty chutney is ready! Serve it with idly or dosa.