Njandu Roast/Crab roast Kerala style
It is a super delicious dish.You can add coconut milk to this dish.It will give more richness and a different taste.I will try crab recipes with lots of variations .This time I'm sharing a spicy crab roast recipe.
Chilly powder:2 tspn
Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
Coriander powder:1 tspn
Garam masala powder:3/4 tspn
Fennel powder/perumjeeraka podi:1/2 tspn
- Cut the crab from the centre and detach the legs.
- Then clean the pieces well in water with salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook it in water for few minutes with salt, turmeric powder and little chilly powder.Don't dry it.Keep aside.
- Make ginger garlic paste by grinding both together.
- Heat the pan with oil.
- Add onion and saute it well till it turns golden brown colour.
- Add tomato and saute it again.Add curry leaves too.
- Add ginger and garlic paste.Stir it well till it leaves the raw smell.
- Add chilly powder,coriander powder,garam masala powder,fennel powder and salt(be careful while adding salt.Because already we added salt in crab while cooking).
- Add cooked crab with the water .You can adjust the gravy with 1/4 cup of water..Stir it well for few minutes.Once it mix well with the gravy, add curry leaves and 1tspn oil.
- Yummy crab roast is ready.
sending this to delectable flavours