Milk powder barfi
I got this recipe from a cookery show. First time I couldn’t make it perfect because I forgot to keep my stove in low flame while frying the milk powder. Second time barfi came just like bubble gum. This time it came okey.So I think the consistency is important.Easy to prepare but need full concentration.
Milk powder:1 cup(I used Every day)
- Heat the pan with ghee.
- Add milk powder and give a quick fry.
- Keep it aside.
- Pour water to the same pan and allow to boil.
- Add sugar to this boiling water.
- Stir it continuosly.
- When you get a thick syrup,ie,while stirring you will get sugar strings on your spoon.
- Add fried milk powder and mix it well.
- When it reaches thick consistency remove it from gas stove and pour it in to a butter/ghee greased plate.
- Let it cool and cut in to desired shapes.