Drumstick leaves are highly nutritious and easily available one in our area.So I used to prepare different dishes with it .
Almost all the parts of muringa plant is medicinally useful.Muringa leaves boost our energy and immunity as well.it is very much effective for diabetis adn blood pressure.It will helps to boost our metabolic activities
My hubby loves to take anything with egg so muringayila mutta thoran (drumstick leaves with egg) is a hit in our dining table.But I love to take rice with drumstick leaves and dal stir fry along with curd and pickle. This is an easy to prepare recipe with less ingredients.Keralites prefer a pouring curry and a stir fry with rice for their lunch .It is a healthy Pouring curry and taste's divine.
- Drumstick leaves : 2 cups
- Toor dal / chana dal : 1/4 cup
- Green chilly : 3
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
To grind :
- Grated coconut : 3/4 cup
- Cumin seed / jeerakam : 1/2 tspn
To temper :
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Chopped shallots : 2 tspn
- Curry leaves : one spring
- Pressure cook dal with green chilly and turmeric powder.
- Grind coconut with cumin in to a fine paste.
- Add it to the cooked dal and let it boil.
- Now add cleaned drumstick leaves and close the pan and cook it for 5 minutes.(over cooking will bring bitter taste)
- Now heat a pan with oil.Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add in chopped shallots and curry leaves.
- Pour it to the garvay and mix well.
- Healthy and delicious muringayila parippu curry is ready to serve