I love dosas and uthappams very much.Dosa / utappam with sambar or dosa / uthappam with coconut chutney will make me happy.My kid love to take uthappam with kerala style sambar and tomato chutney.
- Dosa batter : 3/4 cup
- Onion chopped : 1
- Carrot chopped : 2 tblspn
- Coriander leaves chopped : 2 tblspn
- Green chilly chopped : 1
- Heat dosa tawa and grease it with oil If you are using non stick tawa skip this step.
- Pour a ladle of batter to the hot tawa.Dosa should be thick Don't spread the batter with ladle.
- Add chopped onion carrot coriander leaves and green chillies
- Drizzle oil and cook it in medium flame
- Flip it over and press gently
- Yummy uthappam is ready to serve!Serve it hot with chutney or sambar
Note :How to make dosa batter:
- Soak 3 cups of raw rice and 1 cup of urad dal with fenugreek seeds (uluva)
- Try to soak these things atleast 4 hours.
- Now grind it in to a smooth batter by adding enough water.
- Keep it in kitchen corner over night or minimum 12 hours for fermentation..
- Depends on the climatic condition time may vary.
- After fermentation mix the batter with little salt and prepare dosa