Biriyanis are always my favorite..But never tried or eat a biriyani with beef.This is my first trial and believe me it came super..You may check other biriyani recipes
- Chicken dum biriyani
- Malabar biriyani with fried chicken
- Tamilnadu style chicken biriyani
- Thalassery chicken biriyani
- Hyderabadi chicken dum biriyani
- Malabar prawn biriyani
- Egg dum biriyani
- Egg biriyani Tamilnadu style
Serving size : 3
For msala :
- Beef : 250 gm
- Onion sliced : 2
- Tomato chopped : 1
- GInger : 1" piece
- Garlic : 6 cloves
- Green chilly : 2
- Mint leaves : fistfull
- Coriander leaves : Fistfull
- Coriander powder : 1tspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4
- Chilly powder : 1tspn
- Garam masala powder : 1tspn
- Rice : 1.5 cups
- Water : 2&1/4 cups
- Lemon juice : 1 tspn
- Onion sliced : Fistfull
- Cinnamon / patta : 1 stick
- Cardamom / elakka: 2
- Clove / grampoo : 2
- Ghee : 1tblspn
To garnish :
- Fried cashews : 2 tblspn
- Kismis : 2 tblspn
- Fried onion : 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves : fistfull
- Coriander leaves : fistfull
For masala :
- Wash and cut beef in to medium sized pieces.Marinate it with salt and turmeric powder for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan with oil.Add sliced onion and saute it well .Then add chopped tomato and saute it again till it become soft .
- Make a paste of ginger and garlic and add it to the sauteed onion.
- Saute well till it leaves the raw smell.
- Now add coriander leaves and mint leaves.Mix it well.
- Now add chilly powder , coriander powder and garam masala powder.Mix it well.
- Add marinated beef pieces.
- Mix it well.Now add enough watwer and cook the masala in the same pan or transfer the masala to a pressure cooker .
- I used my pressure cooker after first whistle kept the stove in simmer mode.After 20 minutes switched off the flame and waited again 15 minutes to open the cooker.
- Make the gravy almost dry
For rice :
- Wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes.
- Heat a pressure cooker with ghee add cinnamon,clove and cardamom.Let it splutter.Now add sliced onion and saute it well.
- Add drained basmati rice and fry it until it become crispy.Now add water and salt.
- Add lemon juice.Mix it well and close the pressure cooker with its id.
- Keep the stove in high flame for one whistle and then switch of.
- When the pressure subsides open the cooker and fluff up the rice gently.
For dum :
- Take a biriyani pot or vessel.
- Add one layer of beef masala.
- Now add one layer of cooked rice.
- Add a few fried cashews, kismis and fried onion.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Add chopped mint and coriander leaves
- Repeat the same for the remaining rice and beef masala.
- Now close the pot with its lid and you can make a seal with maida dough too.( i used my prestige pressure pan for doing dum.Closed the cooker without weight and kept on hot thawa )
- Keep it on a hot tawa .
- Keep the stove in simmer mode for 20 minutes.
- Now open the biriyani pot. Yea, you will feel heavenly with the pleasant smell of biriyani
- Yummy biriyani is ready to serve