Sunday 17 May 2015

Chembin thalu curry / Taro stem curry



Chembin thalu curry / Taro stem curry


Chembin thalu curry / Taro stem curry is a village preparation.I know many of you are wondering ...I'm I right????Tribal's and villagers used to make this curry and enjoy with hot rice.Tarro stem is always available in our home
. So my mom in law prepares this dish often.I love it very much and will finsh it soon .This time when I went to home my mom in law prepared the dish for me . A healhy veg side dish for you all!!!!!!!

Chembin thalu curry / Taro stem curry

Ingredients :

  • Chembin thal / taro stem : 3
  • Ginger chopped : 1"
  • Garlic : 10 cloves
  • Shallots / Kochulli : 20
  • Coriander powder : 3 tblspn
  • Chilly powder : 1tblspn
  • Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
  • Curry leaves : 2springs
  • Salt

To temper :

  • Mustard : 1/2 tspn
  • Dry red chilly : 2
  • Curry leaves : 2 springs
  • Fenugreek seeds : 1/2 tspn
  • Asafoetida : 1/4 tspn

Method :

  • Select some fresh tarro stem and wash it well.
  • Now peel the skin and chop it .
  • Chop ginger garlic and shallots.Set aside.
  • Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water,squeeze it well and take tamarind extract. Keep aside


  •  Heat a pan with oil.
  • Add mustard and let it splutter.Now add fenugreek seeds,dry red chilly and asafoetida.
  • Mix it well and add coriander powder,chilly powder and turmeric powder.
  • Saute it well .



  •  Now add in chopped ginger garlic and shallots.
  • Stir it well
  • Add tamarind water and salt. Let it boil.
  • Add chopped taro stem and close the pan.
  • Cook it in medium flame.


  • Yummy chembin thalu curry is ready to serve!
Chembin thalu curry / Taro stem curry

15 comments:

  1. our blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.

    Contestchef is a global forum for food/ recipe bloggers to showcase their skills to the world. This is a one of a kind concept and backed by food conglomerates around the world. Several recipe creators/bloggers are already contesting on Contestchef.
    Click to join www.contestchef.com
    Sincerely,
    Nandy
    Contestchef

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice dish.. I love it but unfortunately I don't get chembu leaves here.. nice curry.. yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting dish and the blog seems to be attractive Remya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this long back..nostalgic one,yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so nice curry Remya, though it's not available in this place..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy curry, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quality posts is the secret to be a focus for the visitors to pay
    a quick visit the website, that's what this web page is providing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from California! I'm bored at work so I decided to
    check out your website on my iphone during lunch break.
    I love the info you present here and can't wait to take a look
    when I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my
    mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, very good
    blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to my father who informed me concerning this web site, this
    website is actually amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Simple but very accurate information… Thanks for sharing
    this one. A must read article!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have learn some good stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting.
    I surprise how much attempt you set to make this type of wonderful
    informative website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My brother suggested I might like this web site.
    He was entirely right. This publish truly made my day. You can not consider just how a lot time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good way of describing, and pleasant article to obtain information regarding my presentation subject matter, which i am going to convey in academy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love your blog.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you build this website yourself? Please reply back as I'm attempting to create my very own blog and want to find out where you got this from
    or what the theme is called. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, I read your blog regularly. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...