A spicy snack idea!I used to eat pori as such before tasting kara pori.I never knew about this spicy twist of pori before..But now a die hard fan of kara pori with hot and strong tea! It is really yummy...It is very easy to prepare and sure you can enjoy it with a cup of hot coffee / tea
- Pori /puffed rice : 3 cups
- Pottukadalai / roasted gram : 1 tblspn
- Peanuts / Kappaladi / verkadalai : 2 tblspn
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Salt : a fat pinch (optional)
- Oil : 1 tblspn
- Heat a pan with oil.Add pottukadalai,peanuts and curry leaves .Fry it well.Now add chilly powder ,salt and turmeric powder.Mix it well.Switch off the flame and add puffed rice too.
- Mix it well.Spicy puffed rice is ready.After cools down completely keep it in air tight container.
- You may add 1-3 cloves of crushed garlic and 1 tspn of chopped green chilly too.
- Adjust the quantity of chilly powder according to your spice level.