We all love to eat prawns .I used to prepare different style prawn dishes .But personally I love this curry very much.During mango season Amma used to prepare this one with mango. Some times she used to add drumstick and jackfruit seeds along with mango..Ahhhh..!We can prepare the same prawn curry with dreid prawn also.This curry will go well with rice, idly and even with puttu
Did you see my prwan roast recipe?
- Prawn : 1/2 kg
- Ginger chopped : 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves : 2 sprngs
- Fish tamarind / kudampuli : 3 piece
To grind :
- Coconut : 1cup
- Shallots / small onion : 8 -10
- Red chilly powder : 2 tspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
To temper :
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Fenugreek seeds / Uluva : 1/4 tspn
- Chopped shallots : 2 tblspn
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Curry leaves : few
- Wash and soak fish tamarind in water.Set aside
- Wash and clean the prawns .Keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under "to grind " to a smooth paste.Transfer it in to a clay pot or kadai.
- Add cleaned and deveined prawns to it.
- Add curry leaves too
- Now add chopped ginger,salt and fish tamarind too.
- Mix it all well and add enough water to it.
- Close the clay pot and cook it in low flame (aprox 10 minute)
- Now heat a pan with oil.Add mustard and let it splutter
- Add fenugreek seeds Curry leaves red chilly and chopped small onion.
- Fry it well and pour it to the gravy
- Mix the prawn curry gently.
- Yummy kerala style chemmeen curry is ready to serve