Happy New year to you all!
Semiya payasam is a popular South Indian dessert.And it is a common dessert we used to prepare for almost all occassions.It is rich creamy sweet payasam .This is of the easiest payasams to prepare.
- Semiya / vermicelli : 1 cup
- Milk : 1 liter
- Condensed milk : 1 tin
- Cardamom (crushed ) : 3 to 4
- Fried cashew nuts / kismis (raisins) : 1 tblspn each
- Ghee : 2 to 3 tblspn
- Boil the milk and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with ghee and fry both nuts and kismis.Keep it aside.
- To the same pan add semiya and fry it until it turns golden colour.Stir it continuosly.
- Add boiled milk to the fried vermicelli and cook it in low flame stirring in between until the vermicelly turns soft .
- Now add condensed milk and mix it well.
- Add cardamom,fried cashew and kismis.
- Yummy payasam is ready to serve!!!!!!!!!!
- If you are health conscious reduce the quantity of ghee.
- Semiya payasam tends to get thick when it cools down.So adjust the consistency by adding more hot milk (if it happen ..)
- I used Avin green packet Milk
- This measurement is enough to serve for 8 to 10 persons.
- If you like sweeter version add sugar as require.I didn't use
- You can use any nuts of your choice.I forgot to click while frying the nuts.
- I took this pics during rainy evening so sorry for the pics quality..:(I took it during rainy evening)