Again with a healthy stir fry.Did you check my Muringayila mutta thoran ?Here I tried another combo with drumstick leaves.It is healthy as well as tasty too..
- Drumstick leaves / muringayila : 2 cups
- Chana dal : 1/4 cup
- Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Shallots / kochulli : 3
- Garlic : 2 cloves
- Green chillies : 2
To temper :
- Mustard : 1/2 tspn
- Raw rice : 1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves : 1 spring
- Clean the leaves by plucking each leaves from its stem.Discard yellowish and damaged leaves.Wash it 2-3 times.
- Pressure cook chana dal with enough water and salt. keep aside (Cook till all the water evaporates)
- Crush all the ingredients listed under "to crush".Keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil.Add mustard and let it splutter.Add raw rice and curry leaves .Now add crushed coconut mixture.Fry it for 1 minute in low flame.
- Now add cleaned drumstick leaves and mix it well.
- Close the pan and keep the stove in low flame.Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cooked dal and mix it well.Check for salt.If need add more.
- Stir it well and switch off the flame.
- I used more dal than mentioned.(my kid love it )
- I forgot to add raw rice.Amma used to add it while making stirfry(thoran/poriyal) with greeens.
sending to Tanya's event