It is a tasty dish from Punjabi cuisine.It is a deep fried dish like poori .Usually bhatura will serve with chole.(chickpeas cooked with onion and spices)
- Maida : 1/2 kg + 1/4 cup
- Potato : 2 small
- Curd : 1/2 cup
- Milk : 1/4 cup
- Sugar : 1/2 tspn
- Soda powder : 3/4 tspn
- Was the potatoes and boil it.Keep aside
- Make a smooth dough of maida potato curd milk sugar soda powder and salt
- If you need add more milk and curd .The dough should not be loose.
- Keep the dough undisturbed for 2 to 4 hours
- Now roll it in to small rotis of 3 to 4 inch thickness(use extra flour to roll)
- Heat a pan with oil.When it hot slide in bhature and gently press it with spoon.It will puff up.Turn to the other side .Now take the bhature and keep it on a paper.
- Serve it hot with chole..
- Bhature will be thicker than poori.
- I got around 20 bhature with this measurement
- You can replace baking powder with yeast