A spicy treat for non veg lovers.Sardine is a cheapest fish available in Kerala.But are rich in vit D and proteins.This is an easy sardines recipe and will go well with rice and boiled tapioca (kappa puzhungiyathu)
- Mathi / sardines s: 1/2 kg
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tspn
- Kashmiri chilly powder : 3 tblspn(up to your spice level)
- Curry leaves : 5 springs
- Fish tamarind / kudampuli : 4 pieces
- Coconut oil : 1/4 cup
- Water : 1 cup (or as required
- Clean the fish and keep aside
- Heat a clay pot with oil.
- Add turmeric powder and chilly powder
- Roast it well in low flame.Be careful don't burn..
- Add curry leaves
- Now add fish tamarind and water.
- Let it boil
- Add fish and cook it in low flame.
- Switch off the flame when the gravy reaches the right consisitency
- You can use this curry for 4 to 6 days without fridge
- You can add chopped ginger and garlic to the curry
- Use kudampuli/coccum/fish tamarind only
sending this recipe to beulahs event