Ela adsa is a traditional Kerala dish.It is made of rice flour coconut and jaggery.Rice flour dough in banana leaf stuffed with coconut jaggery mixture!It can be considered as a a snack or break fast.
- Rice flour : 1 cup
- Hot water : As required
- Banana leaf : 5 medium sized pieces
For stuffing :
- Grated coconut : 1 cup
- Grated jaggery : 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder : 1/4 tspn
- Ghee / oil : to grease the leaf
- Clean the banana leaf and grease each leaf with oil /ghee.
- Mix jaggery coconut and cardamom powder well.
- Make a dough with ricce flour salt and hot water.It should be like chapathi dough.Keep aside
- Now take a lemon sized ball of rice dough and keep it in the center of leaf and spread it with your hand.
- Spread the jaggery mixture on it and fold the leaf in half.
- Repeat the same for all the adas
- Place the ada in a steamer or idly pot
- Keeep the stove in simmer mode for 7 to 10 minute.
- Open the steamer and check..Yummy ela ada isready to serve with hot tea!