Tuesday 30 September 2014

Beef curry thattukada style/Kerala beef curry fast food style




I can't say no to any Thattukada dishes!Whenever going to Kerala I used to disturb my hubby to get a parcel from there .(I know he loves that disturbance secretly).When I got this recipe from here I decided to try it.Believe me.it will tastes heavenly...yea just like thattukada curry!




                                      I served it with Boiled tapioca (kappa puzhujgiyathu) . It will go well with Puttu, Appam  rice,parotta and chapathi



Ingredients:

  • Beef : 1/2 kg
  • Onion sliced: 2 medium
  • Ginger chopped : 1 tspn
  • Green chilly : 2
  • Curry leaves :2 spring
  • Water : 1 cup
  • Salt
  • Coconut oil

To grind :

  • Ginger : 1" piece
  • Garlic :  10 cloves
  • Kashmiri chilly powder : 1 tblspn
  • Coriander powder : 1tblspn
  • Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
  • Fennel / perum jeerakam : 1/2 tspn
  • Cinnamon / patta : 1 stick
  • Clove / grampoo  : 2
  • Cardamom : 2
  • Star anise / thakkolam : 1
  • Whole black pepper : 1/2 tspn

Method:

  • Wash and cut beef in to small pieces.
  • Grind all the ingredients listed under "to grind"
  • Heat a pan / pressure cooker with oil.
  • Add sliced onion ginger green chillies and curry leaves and salt.
  • Saute it well till the onion become soft.
  • Now add ground masala to it and fry it well until the oil starts seperate
  • Add beef and 1 cups of water
  • Close the pan with its lid and cook it in medium flame until beef is done.
  • When the gravy reaches the right consisitency switch off the flame and serve it hot!


Sending this recipe to meat lovers month by recipespassion.blogspot.in and haffaskitchen.blogspot.in

15 comments:

  1. Looks super tempting.. Drooling here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh!! so tempting, that oozy spicy gravy. Can't say anything about beef, therefore, I have go for mutton or lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ente vayyil kappal odikaaam..yummmy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great. This looks like an amazing meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dear for linking this beautiful beef curry to my place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remmy; am not a good cook at all.but I tried ur beef and fish varieties and got goodcomments from my in laws for the first time after marriage.thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im really glad to know that all liked my recipes :)Hope you will try other recipes too

      Delete
  7. This is the best recipe that I have ever try so far, Love it! thank you very much for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...