I can't say no to any Thattukada dishes!Whenever going to Kerala I used to disturb my hubby to get a parcel from there .(I know he loves that disturbance secretly).When I got this recipe from here I decided to try it.Believe me.it will tastes heavenly...yea just like thattukada curry!
I served it with Boiled tapioca (kappa puzhujgiyathu) . It will go well with Puttu, Appam rice,parotta and chapathi
- Beef : 1/2 kg
- Onion sliced: 2 medium
- Ginger chopped : 1 tspn
- Green chilly : 2
- Curry leaves :2 spring
- Water : 1 cup
- Coconut oil
To grind :
- Ginger : 1" piece
- Garlic : 10 cloves
- Kashmiri chilly powder : 1 tblspn
- Coriander powder : 1tblspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Fennel / perum jeerakam : 1/2 tspn
- Cinnamon / patta : 1 stick
- Clove / grampoo : 2
- Cardamom : 2
- Star anise / thakkolam : 1
- Whole black pepper : 1/2 tspn
- Wash and cut beef in to small pieces.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under "to grind"
- Heat a pan / pressure cooker with oil.
- Add sliced onion ginger green chillies and curry leaves and salt.
- Saute it well till the onion become soft.
- Now add ground masala to it and fry it well until the oil starts seperate
- Add beef and 1 cups of water
- Close the pan with its lid and cook it in medium flame until beef is done.
- When the gravy reaches the right consisitency switch off the flame and serve it hot!