Another sadya recipe.Cabbage thoran is one of the menu items served in Onam sadya.It is a dry vegetarian side dish.
- Cabbage shredded : 1 cup
- Ginger chopped : 1/2 tspn
- Small onion /Onion (chopped ) : 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Green chilly slited :
- Grated coconut : 1/4 cup
To temper :
- Mustard : 1/2 tspn
- Black gram / uzhunnu : 1/4 tspn
- Dry red chilly : 1
- Curry leaves : few
- In a bowl combine shredded cabbage,chopped ginger,small onion,turmeric powder,green chilly and salt
- Mix it well with your hand and keep aside
- Heat a pan with oil,
- Add mustard seeds and let it splutter
- Now add black gram and red chilly .Wait for few seconds and add curry leaves.
- Add cabbage mixture to the pan and stir it well.(don't add water)
- Close the pan with lid and keep the stove in simmer mode.
- After 2 to 3 minutes open the pan and add grated coconut to it.
- Mix it well .
- Close the pan and cook it for one minute
- Now open the pan and stir occassionally
- Yummy cabbage thoran is ready to serve