It is a sweet side dish usually preparing for sadya!.I got this recipe from a cookery show by Pazhayidam Mohanan Namboodiri.Amma used to prepare it for Onasadya.
- Ripe pineapple(finely chopped) : 1 big
- Nendran banana (finely chopped) : 1small
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Sugar : 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- Cashew nuts : 1/4 cup
- Grapes : 1/4 cup
- Mustard powder : 1/4 tspn
- Grated coconut : 1/4 cup
- Mustard seed : 1/2 tspn
- Mustard seeds : 1/4 tspn
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Curry leaves : 2 springs
- Coconut oil : 1 tblspn
- Chop both pineapple and banana.
- Take a vessel and add chopped pineapple and banana.
- Now add water, turmeric powder ,chilly powder and salt to it. pineapple will ooze out water so don't add more water.
- Cook it well until the pineapple becomes soft, by closing the vessel with its lid(.And keep the stove in medium flame )
- In between give a stir.
- Once the water get dried add sugar and cashew nuts to it
- Stir it well and we can see the colour changes.(sugar will get caramelized)
- When it is in dries form remove it from flame and let it cool.
- In the meanwhile crush the grated coconut and mustard seeds
- Wash the grapes well and wipe it with dry cloth.
- When the pineapple banana mixture is cool ,add crushed coconut and grapes to it and mix gently with the other ingredients.
- Now heat a pan with oil add all the ingredients listed under "to temper" in the same order.
- Pour it to the curry and mix it well.
- Finally add 1/4 tspn of mustard powder to it.