Again another recipe from Tanya.
My hubby is a die-hard fan of eggs. So I am always in search of newer versions of egg curry.
During this search, one fine day I came across this recipe in Tanya's blog and I tried it. Needless to say, now this egg curry is a super hit on our table.
- Egg : 3
- Onion: 2 medium sized
- Coconut (ground paste) : 1/4 cup
- Coriander leaves : few
- Ginger : 1/2" piece
- Garlic : 3 cloves
- Tomato : 1
To roast and grind:
- Chana dal : 1 tblspn
- Coriander seeds : 1 tblspn
- Red chilly : 4
- Whole black pepper : 1/4 tspn
- Cumin seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Fennel seeds : 1/2 tspn
- Clove : 3
- Cinnamon stick : 1
- Star anise : 1
- Mustard : 1/4 tspn
- Urad dal : 1/4 tspn
- Fennel : 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves
- Boil the egg and de shell it. Keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under "to grind". Keep it ready.
- Roast and grind all the ingredients listed under "to roast and grind".
- Heat a pan with oil and add mustard, urad dal, fennel and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion and sauté it well.
- Now add ground paste of tomato, ginger and garlic.
- Add egg and sauté it well in the masala.
- Add powdered mixture of roasted ingredients and mix it well.
- Add 1 cup of water and let it boil.
- Add ground paste of coconut and mix it well.
- Keep the stove in simmer mode. Wait for a few minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and serve hot.