I came across a chicken omelette recipe in the blog Cooking N baking . I made slight variations in the recipe and prepared it for my son Kannan and he gulped it up all. So this is a 100 % toddler approved recipe.. :) Kannan is 2 years old now and he loves the chicken curry prepared by me. But since he is unable to chew the chicken pieces properly I usually make chicken cutlets for him. This time I tried chicken omelette instead of simple omelette .
For preparing this omelette you dont have to do any separate preparations.Whenever u prepare chicken curry or roast, you can try this recipe. And the happiest part is that your kid will also enjoy eating chicken along with you.
- Egg : 1
- Chicken pieces (boneless) from the curry you prepared : 2 small
- Potato pieces from the curry / cook it separately with a little salt : 2 small (optional)
- Onion finely chopped : 1 tblspn
- Ginger and garlic finely chopped : 1/2 tspn
- Fennel / perumjeerakam : 1/4 tspn
- Chicken masala : 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves : 2 - 3 leaves
- Grind chicken, finely chopped ginger, garlic and potato to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with a little oil .
- Add fennel seeds and wait for a few seconds.
- Now add curry leaves.
- Add onion and saute it well.
- Now add the ground paste of chicken and potato.
- Now add chicken masala and mix well.
- Switch off the stove and put this mixture into a bowl and add egg.
- Beat it well and check if the salt is enough. If necessary add more.
- Heat a pan with oil and pour the egg - chicken mixture .
- Cook it on a low flame
- Flip it over and cook until done.
- Serve it warm to your kid.