Greens are rich in vitamins and minerals. We should surely include it in our daily diet to keep ourselves healthy. And wealthy too ;) After all, health is wealth right ?? :)
- Cheera / keerai / spinach : one bunch
- Shallots / kunjulli : 5
- Grated coconut : 2 tblspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Chilly powder : 1 tspn
- Mustard seeds / kaduku : 1/4 tspn
- Raw rice : 1/4 tspn
- Dry red chilly : 2
- Curry leaves : a few
- Wash the spinach well under running water.
- Let them dry before chopping.
- Chop the spinach and keep aside.
- Crush the grated coconut with shallots. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add raw rice and wait for a few seconds.
- Add dry red chilly and curry leaves.
- And now add the crushed coconut shallot mixture and fry it well on a low flame. Stir continuously.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add chopped spinach and mix it well with the other ingredients.
- Cover the pan and keep the stove in simmer mode.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes and open the pan and stir it well.
- Now keep the pan open and stir occasionally till the stir fry turns dry. Otherwise it will be soggy.
- Cheera thoran/keerai poriyal/ spinach stir fry is ready to serve.
- You can add jeera and garlic to this stir fry.
Did you try my Palak dal curry ??