Soya chunks(meal maker)masala
Soya chunks are rich in protein.It is a good combination for rice and roti .I will take it with even Appam
- Soya chunks:50gm
- Ginger garlic paste:1 tspn
- Meat masala:2 tspn
- Coriander powder:1 tspn
- Chilly powder:1 tspn + 1/2 tspn(for marination)
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Milk:1 tblspn
- Cinnamon/patta:1 stick
- Fennel/perumjeerakam:1/2 tspn
- Curry leaves:few
- Boil the water and milk together.
- When it bubbles Switch of and add soya chunks .Keep it aside for 15 minutes or until when it double the volume.
- Now squeeze the soya chunks and drain the water completely.
- Wash it again in cold water and drain it well.So that you will not get any soya smell.
- Marinate the soya chunks with salt turmeric powder,and chilly powder and 1 tspn meat masala .Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the pan with oil and add the items listed under"to temper"
- Now add sliced onion and saute it well till it turn slight brown colour.
- Now add chopped tomato and saute it well till the tomato pieces become soft.
- Add coriander powder,meat masala and chilly powder.
- Add marinated soya chunks and mix it well till it coated with the masala.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix it again.
- Adjust salt,and water level according to your taste.
- Close the pan with lid and cook it in low flame.
Note :Use coconut milk instead of water it will enhances the taste.I used to add but this time missed it!