Vanpayar ularthiyathu/Cowpea fry
A healthy side dish!Cow peas are good source of protein and have low fat content too.It is a tasty dish and if you need traditional taste try to use coconut oil.Do you want to check my vanpayar thoran/cowpea stir fry recipe?
- Cowpea/vanpayar:1 cup
- Dry red chilly:5
- Coconut slices:1/4 cup
- Mustard/kaduku:1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves
- Soak cowpea over night.
- Pressure cook it for one whistle with salt
- Drain excess water.
- Crush both dry red chilly and shallots together.Keep it aside
- Heat the pan with oil.
- Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves and sliced coconut.
- Add crushed onion and dry red chilly.
- Stir it well.
- Add cooked cowpea and fry it well.
- It is a goos side dish for kanji(porridge) as well as rice.