Puttu is a common food in almost all malayali famlies.If it is with ragi flour sure it will be healthy.Ragi is well known for its calcium content.I have already posted wheat puttu recipe.
- Ragi flour:1 cup
- Rice flour:1/4 cup(optional)
- Grated coconut:1/4 cup
- Add salt to the flour and mix it well.
- Sprinkle water little by little till the flour get wet .
- Check the wetness by pressing with your fingers.It should be sticky and should be loose too.(check wheat puttu recipe)
- Fill the puttu kodam with water and let it boil.
- Place chillu(round disc available with puttumaker) in to the puttu maker.
- Fill the puttu maker with little cocconut.
- Then add wet puttu flour.
- Finally add grated coconut.
- PLace the puttumaker on puttu kodam and keep it in low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the puttumaker from puttu kodam and take hot puttu by pressing it by using a rod.