Again a chicken curry recipe.Traditional recipes need patience to get good result.Already I have posted kerala style chicken curry and chicken in roasted coconut gravy both are traditional kerala recipes.But sure this is an easy to prepare one.It will be good with chapathi,rice, appam and with ghee rice
- Chicken:1/2 kg
- Garlic:10 cloves
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Chilly powder:2 tspn(up to your tolerable level)
- Coriander powder:2 tblspn
- Chicken masala:2 tblspn(I used Eastern chicken masala)
- Curry leaves:few
- Coriander leaves:few
- Cinnamom/patta:1 stick
- Fennel/perumjeerakam:1/2 tspn
- Star anise/thakkolam:1
- Grind ginger and garlic together.Keep aside
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger garlic paste,salt and turmeric powder.
- Cut onion in to thin slices
- Cut tomato in to small pieces.
- Chop coriander leaves.
- Crush all the ingredients listed under"to temper"
- Heat a kadai with oil.(or pressure cooker)
- Add all the ingredients listed under "to temper".Fry it for few seconds.
- Add sliced onion and curry leaves Saute it till the onion turn golden brown in colour.
- Add tomato pieces.Saute it well till the tomato get mix with onion.
- Add chilly powder,coriander powder and chicken masala.Stir it well.
- Add marinated chicken pieces together with the water came from the pieces.
- Stir it well so that the pieces will get coated with the masala.
- Add enough water.
- Cover the kadai with the lid .(if you are using cooker 1 whistle is enough.Add water up to just above the pieces)
- Once it start boiling keep the stove in simmer.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.