It is a very famouse North Indian non veg dish in restaurants.I refered Master chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe but made adjustments according to our taste buds.I replaced cashew nut paste with fresh cream and I added Garam masala.It is a yummy and spicy chicken recipe.
- Chicken:1/2 kg
- Onion:3 big
- Green chilly:2
- Ginger garlic paste:1 tblspn
- Turmeric powder:1/4 tspn
- Garam masala:1 tblspn
- Lemon juice:1 tspn
- Ghee:2 tspn
- Cream:5 tblspn
- Coriander leaves chopped:1/2 cup
- Clove :4
- Bay leaf:1
- Cinnamon:1 stick
Spices to roast and grind:
- Coriander seeds:2 tblspn
- Dry red chill:6
- Cumin seeds:1/2 tspn
- Pepper corn :1/2 tspn
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
- Marinate it with lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder.Keep it aside for half an hour.
- Roast the ingredients listed under "spices to dry roast".Grind it in to a coarse powder.Keep it aside.
- Heat the kadai with oil and ghee.
- Add all the ingredients listed under"to temper"
- Add onion and saute it till it turns slight brown in colour.
- Add tomato and saute it well till it get mashed with onion.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste.Stir it well till the raw smell leaves.
- Add roasted and ground coarse spice powder.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Saute it well till the oil starts seperates.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Close the kadai with lid and cook it in low flame.Cook it till the chicken is well cooked.
- Put off the flame.
- Add cream and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice or chapathi.