Palak dal curry
Palak has more health and nutritional value.Leafy vegetables helps to increase the folic acid level in our body.You can replace palak with any other greens.I used to prepare almost all leafy vegetables in the same method.
- Palak:2 bunches
- Dal(thoor or chana):1/2 cup
- Green chillies:3
- Turmeric powder:1/2tspn
- Chilly powder:1/2tspn
- Grated coconut:1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds:1/2tspn
- Garlic :2 cloves
- Mustard seeds:1/2 tspn
- Dry red chillies:3
- Curry leaves
- Wash palak leaves in water.Soak it in a basin of water for few minutes.
- Then drain and chop it finely.
- Cook dal in a pressure cooker.Allow the pressure to subside.
- Now add chopped palak leaves ,salt,turmeric powder,green chillies and chilly powder to cooked dal and cook it again.
- Grind grated coconut,garlic,and cumin seeds together.
- Mix the ground coconut paste with cooked palak dal mixture.
- Now keep the stove in low flame.Allow it to boil.
- Heat the pan with oil.
- Add mustard seeds when it splutters add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Mix it with palak dal gravy.
- Serve it with rice or roti.